+39 045 8378 570   info@zuccatoenergia.it   8:30 - 12:30 /14:00-18:00 CEST

References ULH-Series Products

UniKore Logo

UniKore

Manager: Università degli Studi di Enna "Kore" • Location: Enna (Sicily, Italy)
Plant: 1 x ZE-50-ULH Low-Temperature Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) Module, nominal output 50 kWe
Application: Didactic hybrid plant (solar concentrator panels + methane-fueled gas boiler)


Mappa UniKoreThe "Kore" Free University of Studies of Central Sicily in Enna, colloquially known as UniKore, is a recently-estabilished university (founded in 2004) which has decided to acquire for their Engineering faculty what they defined as an "experimental prototypal subsystem with modular and diffuse thermodynamic solar system" operating within the frame of ther Sinergreen project.

This plant - which purpose is not so much energy production as the demonstration of various engineering principles - uses a hybrid heat source composed of a methane-fueled boiler assisted by batteries of concentration-type thermal solar panels, and has been installed in a small plot not far from the campus

Zuccato Energia has won the tender for the realization of the whole energy system, including all hot-side systems (heat production and vectoring), cold side systems (evaporative cooling systems) and ORC power generation module. The latter is a ZE-50-ULH model low-temperature organic Rankine cycle (LT-ORC) power generation module, designed and built by Zuccato Energia itself, skid-mounted and hosted in a containerized, weather-resistant outdoor enclosure.

90% of all thermal energy for the plant is supplied by the high-efficiency, low-emissions methane boiler supplied by ICI Caldaie on ZE specifications, while up to the remaining 10% of thermal energy required for peak performance is supplied by PTMx parabolic solar collectors built by Soltigua, which is also a partner of Zuccato Energia in the EU RE.EL.COOP project to build a hybrid (biomass+solar) plant near Tunis

Below you will find a photogallery related to this plant. Click on an image to enlarge it.

A panorama of the area where the plant is locatedA panorama of the area where the plant is located The solar concentrators; behind them, the cooling towerThe solar concentrators; behind them, the cooling tower A detail of the solar panels, supplied by SoltiguaA detail of the solar panels, supplied by Soltigua An overview of the solar concentrators areaAn overview of the solar concentrators area The cooling tower and - behind it - the ORC module in its weatherproof containerized enclosureThe cooling tower and - behind it - the ORC module in its weatherproof containerized enclosure The rear of the tower; in background, the boiler, protected by grid fences, and located under a lean-toThe rear of the tower; in background, the boiler, protected by grid fences, and located under a lean-to The ICI boiler which supplies most of the thermal energy for the plantThe ICI boiler which supplies most of the thermal energy for the plant The pumps which manage the hybrid heating systemThe pumps which manage the hybrid heating system The plant commissioning plaqueThe plant commissioning plaque

Contents ©2019 Zuccato Energia Srl. All Rights Reserved.